Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Quick Kirsten Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know whether Kirsten wears any socks with her red boots when she's wearing her Summer Outfit?
    The only pictures I can find have her pantaloons covering where any socks might show!
    (Just got her summer outfit and boots recently--never thought about it before now! [img]redface.gif[/img] )
    Thanks! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Summer Outfit and the Red Boots were sold seperately, and neither one came with socks. However, I always have Kirsten wear a pair of socks with her red boots so her feet won't get red stains! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't really know how to answer this from a historical perspective. I am pretty sure a sock or stocking was always worn with shoes, but I think it is unlikely a girl like Kirsten would wear any shoes in the summer, except maybe to go to church.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member nicolej's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2003
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would really like to know if anyone really did wear RED boots in those days, let alone in the summer!! I too think she would be in barefeet.

  5. #5
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Well, Kirsten is actually shown barefoot in the book illustrations in her "Saves the Day" book.

    I usually just leave her meet stockings on with that dress. I have gotten some of her thinner ones recently, though, the ones that go with her b'day dress. They are a little easier to put her shoes on with.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Would her feet have been really calloused then? I can't imagine there wouldn't be sticks and things all over the ground. Then again, she wouldn't have had to worry about broken glass.

    I get so concerned for Kirsten- having spent a winter in Minnesota myself, I would not have made it in that sweater!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes. Her feet would have been extremely calloused and quite dirty, but shoes are expensive and where she lived somewhat rare. They were saved for the winter.

    I also agree that sweater is a bit thin for minnesota. Better put her flannel undies on underneath her skirts!

  8. #8
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Speaking of winter, does anyone else think that AG could easily make Kirsten a pair of boots like the ones on her "Changes" cover? They're kind of like the beach boots that came out for AGT's this year, so they could just add some fake fur and ribbon or whatever and then she'd have her winter boots! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Didn't they make those for girls back in the day? I remember wanting them quite badly.

  10. #10
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by colette denali:
    Didn't they make those for girls back in the day? I remember wanting them quite badly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup they did. I was also desireous of them. They were $200 though!

    I now have my Uggs which are close enough for me [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    The brown knockoffs of the beach boots that are on ebay are quite close, and it wouldn't take much at all to make them look like the Kirsten ones.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 05, 2005 10:13 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •